- Reader: Dear Mr. Snicket, what is the best way to keep a secret?
- Lemony Snicket: Tell it to everyone you know, but pretend you are kidding.
“The moon lives in the lining of your skin.”
– Pablo Neruda (via loveyourchaos)
“When you’re way up high and you look below at the world you left and things you know, little more than a glance is enough to show you just how small you are.”
– Giants in the Sky - Stephen Sondheim, fromInto the Woods
“What the music says may be serious, but as a medium it should not be questioned, analysed, or taken so seriously. I think it should be tarted up, made into a prostitute, a parody of itself. It should be the clown, the Pierrot medium. The music is the mask the message wears - music is the Pierrot and I, the performer, am the message. Ziggy particularly, was created out of a certain arrogance. But remember, at that time I was very young and I was full of life, and that seemed like a very positive artistic statement. I thought that was a beautiful piece of art. I thought that was a grand kitsch painting. The whole guy.”
– David Bowie (via dontdeceivewithbelief)
“I’m tired of excuses. I’m tired of being told that fashionable clothes “don’t sell” in plus-sizes. Of course they don’t, when they’re shoved on the back side of the shop floor like you’re ashamed of them, never marketed properly and of course, are never there. Perhaps instead of blaming the market, perhaps it’s time to look at how you’re approaching it. Perhaps it’s time to make a splash and say “Check out our hot new clothes for plus-sizes! Shop your heart out, you deserve nice things too!” and watch just how things change with what sells and what doesn’t. How about looking at how you market to plus-sized women, and instead of selling them “flattering”, sell them fun, sell them fashion, sell them empowerment.”
“Thrilled Ann Romney says ModFam is her favorite show. We’ll offer her the role of officiant at Mitch & Cam’s wedding. As soon as it’s legal.”
– Modern Family creator, Steve Levitan, in response to Ann Romney’s claim that Modern Family is her favorite show (via Twitter). YES!!! (via livefasttryingnottodieyoung)